Re: AIS Silent Auction - your thoughts on this please

Debra; I can comment on part of your requirements. Several months ago when Francesca died I found a person in AIS close to her residence that could work with her family to rescue her Iris stuff before it was trashed. Thank you Ken Walker. When it was noted that she had an original Dykes monograph I volunteered to advertize it on Facebook and wherever else I could get some help. They have been working on getting photos so we can publicize this offering. People would submit sealed bids that would be opened at the end of the silent auction and it would be determined if an electronic bidder had surpassed the convention bidders. PR and Marketing will do its best to get publicity of course help is always appreciated.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Debra Strauss" <dkstraus@swbell.net>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 12:01:41 AM
Subject: RE: [AISdiscuss] AIS Silent Auction - your thoughts on this  please

Excuse my tardiness in replying to this discussion item. My thoughts are
that having this wonderful item in our silent auction would be awesome.  I
think all proceeds should go to the Aril Society.  However, I would like to
say that is; if they can do several things.
1.	Arrange to have a volunteer present at all times to handle questions
and viewing (handling) this treasure. (Well I'm an ASI member but hopefully
someone with more knowledge that me)
2.	Take care of all the signage, such as a sign that says proceeds will
go to Aril Society International (I can include it on my spreadsheet and
keep up with the paperwork for them)
3.	Prepare the display that will be in the auction room, including all
the info about the treasure.
4.	Come up with the minimum and/or reserve bids.
5.	Perhaps, do a little advertising (flyers, posters, etc) that it is
going to be in the AIS silent auction room.
I really don't think there will be a problem of becoming a precedence for
all the other sections (cooperating societies), but I am willing to do the
same for any of them that have a really wonderful treasure like this one.  I
think it might even get more people to come into our silent auction to look.

Debbie

Debbie Strauss
AIS Board of Directors
MIS Fundraising Chair
R17 Newsletter & Parliamentarian
PBIS President
2213 Hereford Blvd
Midland TX 79707-5012
432-352-5483
dkstraus@swbell.net
"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back
to you when you have forgotten the words."