From: gary white
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2010 7:54 PM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Scanner for the AIS Library

Hi all,

I agree with comments about sheet fed scanners for multiple pages and both side scanning etc.   But, flatbed capability is a necessity if scanning pamphlet or bound material or fragile documents that you don't want to send through a paper feed.  One that does both well would be ideal.  Or perhaps two scanners are needed.  We have a high quality Epson flatbed scanner that will also scan slides (but a slow process), and a Brother large format scanner/copier that has a sheet feeder in addition to a 12 X 17 inch flatbed.   Both work well, depending on the application needed and of course there are pros and cons to both.

I agree with others that we should get feedback (pun intended) from Tracy about what is needed for the Library before we make any decisions about cost, etc.

I also endorse Jeanne and Bob Plank's idea about requesting a donation from the Hager Du Bose Memorial library Fund.

I think we should get info from Tracy about the scanner needed, along with pricing, and then send a request/proposal for funding it to the AIS Foundation.

Gary White