Re: Website Candidates

John,

EXCELLENT JOB.  I will get back with you once I have looked this over.

Paul

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:00:14 -0800 John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
writes:
> Below are some links to possible designs for the new home page for
> the AIS website. Try not to be concerned about the particular irises
>
> that were used for the various graphic elements. They can be easily
>
> changes according to what we want. We just grabbed some to use as
> representative placeholders.
>
> The center section will be a window into a changing list of irises
> that will change everytime someone selects "Reload" or comes back to
>
> the page. There will also be "Next" and "Previous" buttons to srcoll
>
> through the library of pictures. I do not want to have an automatic
>
> slide show because that can load up a slow internet connection when
>
> people don't want that.
>
> The section at the bottom of the page is meant to be an "Article/
> Story of the Month" and we will need lots of authors and ideas for
> this area.
>
> What is important is the top level division of information. Are the
>
> categories the right ones? Is the wording right? What about the
> fonts
> we used? The graphics and shapes? The background?
>
> The categories are:
>
> Growing Irises: Cultural information on all the various
> classifications (lots of content to create here), links to local
> Regions\Societies. Links to sources  (What else?)
>
> About the AIS: Some of our history, what we do, mission, benefits
> (What else?) Conventions, meetings
>
> AIS Members: Links to a page that has some public information and a
>
> button to go the Members Only section (when we have one). News and
> announcements, Information central, Conventions, meetings  (What
> else?)
>
> AIS Board: AIS board contacts, related files, minutes etc  (What
> else?)
>
> There will be duplicated links in several of the categories because
>
> multiple constituencies need the same information and there is no
> sense in having the same information in multiple places when the
> same
> page can be referenced from multiple places.
>
> http://www.mchalecreates.com/AIS/AIS-home-page-comp-A.4.html
>
> http://www.mchalecreates.com/AIS/AIS-home-page-comp-B.4.html
>
> http://www.mchalecreates.com/AIS/AIS-home-page-comp-D.2.html
>

> So what thoughts do you have?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

FTD.com
Shop now and save $15 on Flowers and Gifts from FTD!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/u4MuScM2CQc4ISLbMivBoaVWw06G2AzZ9Wj4sRXBG7GzCgY2i5xCx/