Re: Turner Publishing agreement

Terry,

Sounds great to me!  And I don't have ANY problem identifying ALL the
irises.  I vote yes.

Jim Morris
In a message dated 2/14/2006 12:04:42 PM Central Standard Time,
terry@flowerfantasy.net writes:

Hi Again  everybody.
Turner would like to have a signed agreement this week if  possible. I
should be ready to send photos this week if we get the  agreement taken
care of. Unlike last year, this year we are a "known  quantity" to each
other. I think the whole process will go much smoother.  I will summarize
the agreement.
-There will be no financial risk to  AIS.
-Publisher to pay 10% royalty to AIS based on a retail price of $12.95
(+$3.95 shipping)
-Publisher to creat promotional pieces for  advertizing in AIS news
sources(bulletin) and to promote pre-publication  orders(@40% discount)
-Publisher to market the calendars through outside  channels -on-line
retailers, specialty calendar retailers and targeted  retailers.
-Publisher to retain publishing rights , AIS to retain copyright  to
published material.
-Publisher to do layout with approval of AIS  rep.
-AIS to appoint representative to review and approve calendar  project.
-AIS to assist in promotion of the calendar by newsletters,  website
link, and press releases from time to time.
-AIS to allow  promotional pieces to its members after calendar has been
published.
Last year , we balked at sending a mailer to  members and, instead,
sent a mailer to the affiliates.
Last year, we  did not have a link to the website. (I think I was getting
nervous about  the late delivery)
Barring serious objections from the board, I will sign  this agreement
Thursday night and mail photos over the weekend. Photos  used will not
identify the cultivar other than Medal winners. AIS website  will be
prominantly dislayed on the  calendar.
Terry