Re: more logistics on Calendars

I, too, like the idea of a spring (or late winter),
iris magazine for newsstands.  I also agree with Jill
about the pricing and paid advertising.  I believe
that a well-thought out, colorful magazine on irises
would sell well.  I also think that we need to discuss
this at the Board meeting in Portland.  I am trying to
think of another plant society that has done something
similar to this.  Offhand, I can't think of any other
than the African Violet Society, but that is all the
more reason to do it.  It's time the AIS broke new
ground in vying for gardeners' attention (new ground
is always good for irises, why not for AIS as well),
and this sounds like an interesting way to reach a
great many more gardeners.  Of course, logistics,
costs, etc have to be considered, and we should
certainly talk about it in Portland.
Gary White