Re: Possible webinar meeting ideas during lockdown.

Cute ideas, Scarlett.
Thanks.

Jody Nolin

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 9:08 AM sdayres2 via AISTalk <aistalk@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Merry Christmas all:

The Farm and Ranch museum had a webinar Christmas party for the volunteers.  I am a volunteer because I attend the 2022 iris convention gardens there.  They won't let me do anything since the pandemic started.  However, I wanted to meet the new director.  I thought their Christmas party was fun and iris clubs might be able to do something similar instead of the usual Christmas pot luck or party at a restaurant.
.
Here is what occurred:
People told Christmas stories.
Ugly sweater contest or most unique jewelry
Presentation of awards

Played games such as
    Identify this song
         i.e.  Quite from dusk to dawn  (Silent Night)
          i.e.  Listen: the celestial messengers produce harmonious sounds (Hark! The Herald Angels Sing)
         yes there are web sites.
    Holiday trivia (yes there are web sites)
        100 Christmas Trivia Questions and Answers (buzzghana.com)

Other possibilities for next year meetings is the iris bingo games.  I created one on Dykes, median and I think Arilbreds.   I gave the Dykes bingo games to AIS.   It consists of a powerpoint presentation that randomly draw the Dykes as well 200 bingo cards.   The presentation has macros that allowed for the random draw.  I am not sure where it is on the irises.org web site.  You play the bingo games on-line through Zoom and one member can share their screen.  We would have to email or mail the bingo cards to the club members.  After announcing bingo, the winner would hold up their bingo card to the screen for checking. The games were educational and showed pictures of the Dykes and had some discussions.  I figure you can play 2 or 3 games in one hour.  Prizes?

Another fun possibility are the presentations "Are you an iris fan, fancier or fanatic" or "Name that Iris".   You have to ask for it from images@irises.org.  I can use some more tidbits for the first one.  Send them to me.

Microsoft Word - Digital Programs Available 2019 rev 4-8-19.docx (irises.org)