From: "John I Jones" <jijones@usjoneses.com>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2008 8:00:15 PM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Irisregister CD

Prior to the Fall Board meeting I received a question from an
irisregister user. Unfortunately I was unable to attend the meeting
and did not get my report in. The question was:

Could a CD of the data base be made and sold to clubs to use at the
classification table for shows?  It sure would make life easier at
the shows and make the entry process faster.

I would oppose providing a CD of the database. It would be very
easily copied and there is no secure mechanism with which we could
protect it.

While it is probably true that some (possibly significant) numbers of
subscribers would continue to use the online database a CD that can
be copied will have a negative impact on the subscriptions.

Additionally, we are continually updating and correcting the online
database and having out of date CDs in use could present  some
difficulties.

Respectfully,

John