New Web Host

As per the board action at the Fall 2007 meeting we have moved the AIS website to a new host (Lunar Pages).

If you to go to the AIS website be sure to do a "Reload" of the page to be sure to get the current AIS home page. You can tell that you are on the new site by looking at the bottom of the AIS home page for the statement:

"Website updated: December 11, 2007 *Lunar "

It may take as long as two days for the new server information to propagate to your local host. Until then you will still get to the old location.

We are no longer making changes to the old Global Web pages (all recent changes are be on the Lunar pages as well as the Global Web pages).

The generic email addresses should also transfer over without a problem (he says optimistically). I will test them in a day or so.

At that point I will begin creating generic addresses for the other board, committee, and RVP positions. You will not have to do anything differently to receive email through your generic address. The generic address will be automatically forwarded to your normal address. You will continue to use your normal address for outgoing email. I will let you all know when the address is available.

The advantage of the generic addresses is that you no longer have to put your personal address on any AIS or Region related webpage or publication. At the time your position is taken over by someone else, all I do is change the "forward to" address.

If you have any questions please email me.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Member AIS Board of Directors

Subscribe to iris@hort.net by sending: