RE: Your AIS Show, recognition!

In region 8 (Minnesota and Wisconsin) there are affiliates in Minneapolis, Madison and Milwaukee.   All three handle the recognition differently.  In Minnesota show winners only receive the ribbons or medals  purchased from AIS.  In Madison, WI they also add the engraving of the winner's name to a trophy which the recipient keeps for the year.   The Wisconsin Iris Society in Milwaukee I think adds a nice touch.  They take a photo of the winner with their entry, frame it and present it to them later.  I like this question as I think a discussion of ideas to enhance recognition of members  might  lead to better ways to make membership in AIS more fulfilling for people we ask to help do all kinds of things for free during the year.  Tim Moore, RVP

Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 17:19:35 -0700 as this is another avenue
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Your AIS Show, recognition!
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org each yearoal

Many clubs give out prizes to all winners even if they are members of the club, without any concern about their 501 C 3 status.

Gerry Snyder

On Jul 31, 2015 10:21 AM, "Susan Grigg" <101d@rewrite.aisboard.org> wrote:
My affiliate, Eastern North Carolina Iris Society, gives only ribbons. We don't like the idea of giving gifts to members who might win; it doesn't comply with our Bylaws and the 501 (c) 3 designation we have. If we had only non-members entering shows we would reconsider this policy.
Susan Grigg