Re: Withdrawal of Motion

I hereby withdraw my second to the motion below allowing for a new motion to come forth.--Bob Pries

----- Original Message -----
From: "gary white" <in2iris@yahoo.com>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Thursday, August 7, 2008 4:30:31 PM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Withdrawal of Motion

Hello all,

I hereby withdraw my motion to fund BOTH  Miss Guo's grant request
and Dr. Meerow's grant request.

Since funding both of these proposals would have been roughly $1500 over
budget for this year, discussion with the AIS Foundation was begun and
subsequently the Foundation Trustees voted to fund the Jinyan Guo proposal for
both years.   The Foundation has supported three other researchers this year,
but has enough resources to support the Guo grant as well.  So, Miss Guo's
grant request will be picked up by the AIS Foundation.

A new motion concerning the Meerow request will be made shortly.

Gary White
AIS Director
Chairman, Scientific Advisory Committee
Sec'y/Treasurer, AIS Foundation