Fw: Re: AIS E-mail Quorums--Motion

Attached below are the original email from Bob Pries and my lengthy reply
for the benefit of those of you are who on AISDiscuss but not
AISConfer...

I would like to "tweak" my original recommendation and make a formal
motion to amend the Standing Rules for Electronic Communication as
follows:

Once a motion has been made and seconded electronically, email motion
discussion will be allowed for a minimum of 7 days and a maximum of 14
days.  In the interest of prompt action on AIS business, if after 7 days
there have been no more than 3 emails discussing the motion, the General
Secretary will place the motion on AISVote.  The voting period will be 14
days unless otherwise specified by the AIS President.  Once the voting
period has been completed, the AIS General Secretary will post the
official results of the voting on AISDiscuss.

I am putting this out of AISDiscuss as that is our current policy for
motions and seconds prior to being put on AISVote, even though it
originally started with voting members and Board nominees elect only.

I am making no motion to change the current email voting quorum of 12
positive votes.

I am requesting a second.

Thanks,

Jill