Re: Associate Registrar for China

Thank you John. This is an important step in ensuring worldwide registration of Irises. I suspect China could become very important in the future of growing Irises and it is good that they are laying a sound foundation by working for International registration. Good work; Bob Pries

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Jones" <100h@rewrite.aisboard.org>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Sunday, April 3, 2016 2:01:09 AM
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Associate Registrar for China

Over the last year and a half I have ben working with Shenyang Agricultural University in China and one of their Associate Professors to establish a registration organization and an Associate Registrar.

I am pleased to announce that, under the sponsorship of Dr. Dianrong Ma, Director, Scientific and Technical Dept., Shenyang Agricultural University, Dr. Xiaoying Bi, Associate Professor, Dept of Ornamental Horticulture, College of Horticulture, Shenyang Agricultural University has been appointed Associate Registrar for non-bulbous irises for China.

Over the last several years the number of registrations, though small, has been growing and we are looking forward to a wider variety of both species and hybrid registrations going forward.

John
John and Joanne Jones
Registrar-Recorders, American Iris Society
aisregistrar@irises.org

Director, American Iris Society

35572 Linda Drive
Fremont, CA 94536