Re: Facebook Milestone

My best estimate is that less than 200 of these people are AIS members. I can go through the entire list but have onlt sort of spot checked as it developed.

----- Original Message -----
From: RAKeup@aol.com
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:50:23 PM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Facebook Milestone

In a message dated 4/28/2011 4:16:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
robertpries@embarqmail.com writes:

Today  the AIS Facebook page recieved its 2,000th Friend. Essentially
Facebook
is  free advertising for the Society. It does come at a cost. Andi Rivarola
 our
Social Media Manager has spent a great deal of time keeping new  pictures up
and interesting topics. Congratulations Andi!!

You may  wonder what is the potential for Facebook. The are 2 million
people  on
Facebook that say they like Gardening. B I suspect many may like Iris  also.
The Iris Facebook page is presently seeing less activity, perhaps  because
so
many people are in their gardens. But aside from the 2,000  friends now,B a
week ago, we were seeing over 3,000 people viewing the AIS  page per month.
At
the moment we are only seeing about 2,000. If we could  have offered
e-membership last week who knows how many new members we would  have gotton.
The potential is still  enormous.

Hi All,
     Just a comment so we don't read more into it  or make incorrect
assumptions Curious to know how many of our current 5000 +/-  AIS members and
their family members are part of the 2000 "friends"   mention ?

    Don't want this to be viewed as negative towards  this great project,
but would caution against over stating the facts. I have no  doubt in time,
this will be  a net gain for AIS.

Bob Keup