Re: Re: JT Handbook Revisions

In a message dated 4/21/2006 1:58:50 P.M. Central Standard Time,
terry@flowerfantasy.net writes:

Hi  All
I am also strongly in favor of ONLY ONE SET OF STANDARDS FOR ALL
REGIONS. Transfering between regions is one very good reason. The other
issue is --if National recognozes one set of standards, why should one
region be able to disqualify their judges which would otherwise be fully
accredited in any other region??????? That is not fair or  equal.
Whether we think national standards are adequate or not might be a  point
of contention but certainly not one that I would care to mess  with.

*****
I believe this discussion is making just that point and those Regions with
tougher requirements have addressed it because AIS did not do so in the  past.
The additional 2 or 5 or 8 more hours of training is not a hardship  in most
regions (some yes, like Regions 11 and 12 with long distances to travel  and
little opportunity).  BUT, judges are expected to spend time and money  in
order to be a judge.  And they can go to the AIS National Meeting where  we always
have Judges' Training.

Jim Morris