Re: Re: JT Handbook Revisions

Hi All
I am also strongly in favor of ONLY ONE SET OF STANDARDS FOR ALL REGIONS. Transfering between regions is one very good reason. The other issue is --if National recognozes one set of standards, why should one region be able to disqualify their judges which would otherwise be fully accredited in any other region??????? That is not fair or equal.
Whether we think national standards are adequate or not might be a point of contention but certainly not one that I would care to mess with. Most of our region 13 judges have 20 to 50 hours of credit over a 3 year period. We consider judges training to be an enjoyable educational and social event. Our problem is getting the hybridizers out of their own garden during bloom season on a dry day long enough to get JT credit. Step #one. - lock up their tweezers! Step #2 - tie them to a post in the middle of their seedling patch and have them explain what in the world they think they are doing with all that pollen? THEY can pass or fail based on how well their explanation is understood?
I am obviously having a good day. You have one too.
Terry

Suncitymom@aol.com wrote:

I would like to add that all Regions be uniform. Region 15 has it's own set of guidelines adding more hours to the one on one garden training and different requiements.I think all Regions should be the same so when Judges in Training transfer into a new Region they know what is excepted of them.

Joyce Poling