Re: Loberg Questions on AIS Library exhibits

In a message dated 11/29/2009 10:54:29 A.M. Central Standard Time,
iris.loberg@comcast.net writes:

Ibve  followed the discussions on a proposed satellite library with
interest.
I  certainly canbt see why there couldnbt be multiple library exhibits if

there is a willing entity to host a secondary exhibit.   After  all, real
libraries generally have branch libraries, and they do  lend/share items
between branches.   But I do have a  question.   Is there a proper library
catalog of what is being  kept in the AIS library?   Is this catalog
available to the  membership for review and lookup of items?  Many real
libraries now  have on line catalogs.   I went looking to the AIS website
see if something was there, I didnbt see anything, did I miss  it?   A
simple
PDF catalog file/list would be a good  start.  How does anyone know if
there
is something of important  interest for them residing in the current
library
if there isn't an  available catalog?

Kitty

Kitty,

I agree that we need something cataloging the Library Inventory.   Maybe
there is one and I just haven't heard of it.  Not knowing what  is there I
have several times had to ask McNames or Tracy Plotner to do a search  for me.
The process is not timely.  I've been to Presby Gardens but  never to the
basement room that houses the AIS Library.  I certainly  believe that Presby
could house a semi-permanent AIS Display of our History (or  whatever) such
as a branch library does of main library displays.

I find the Jack Finney OCR-scanned AIS Bulletin Table of  Contents to be of
much help since Gesine Lohr has put them in PDF format.

Jim M.