RE: Motion regarding purchase of Magazine Binders

Hi all,
  I also agree with Paul and Cheryl.  If this motion is passed and the binders are ordered, I'm afraid that we will have way too many sitting in the storefront for awhile until the demand meets the number ordered.  In the meanwhile, the money spent on ordering the binders, could have been spent on other important AIS business.  (Remember, that the librarian stills needs a scanner, and we also need to order the 2010 10 year checklist shortly).  Also remember that we begged the Regions, Affiliates, and others for donations to help the AIS because we had a $14,000 shortfall.  By ordering the binders at this time we show that we have money for "luxury" items such as the binders.  I really don't think that is the message we want to be sending out to the AIS membership, in this current economy and this AIS budget money crunch this year.  In my opinion this motion should be voted down and revisited next year when we have a more higher interest and a higher number of confirmed orders from the affiliates.
Susan Boyce