Re: Motion regarding advertising on AIS website

I checked with the Hemerocallis Society and Only award winners are featured on their website. They seek out photos from members and favor those over hybridizer's photos and of course therfore they do not charge for being featured on the website. You may have seen photos that were not noted as award winners in the past but that was just a lack of notation.

----- Original Message -----
From: "John I Jones" <jijones@usjoneses.com>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2010 2:34:10 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Motion regarding advertising on AIS website

In terms of process, I would use email and probably the Bulletin to advertise the availability of the service.

Those who qualify, would have to provide their own picture (they would probably want to anyway) that meets a defined criteria (something like 4" X 4"  at 72 dpi JPEG  iris name and hybridizer or web address on the picture). They could submit a picture of any iris not necessarily a current year introduction.

I suppose we (or someone) could offer a service to crop resize etc for a fee but I would think that since they are already advertising in the bulletin or have websites, most would have the capability to manage their own photograph.

I had not specifically addressed the issue but I was thinking that submitters would not be allowed to change pictures during any specific period. I want to avoid thrashing pictures in and out of the library.

Bob Pries do you know if the Daylily society charges for pictures on their home page? (Right now they are showing Award winners though)

Thanks

John