From: owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org [mailto:owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org]
On Behalf Of John I Jones
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 10:20 AM
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Message from Anner Whitehead

Anner asked that I forward this to AISDiscuss:

Anner Whitehead sends;
_____________________

Clarence Mahan said:

"As former presidents remain members of the Board...without votes."

Is this correct? Is it so stated in the Bylaws?

You see, I distinctly recall a phone conversation with AIS Past
President Ron Mullin, serving at the time as AIS Judges Chairman,
when I was AIS Membership Secretary, in which Mullin told me Mahan
had asserted this policy/principle/rule to him, but Mullin thought
Mahan was incorrect.

Mullin said Mahan encouraged him to join a closed Board session
because all former Presidents were still Board members, but Mullin
disagreed, saying only the Immediate Past President was still a Board
member. Mullin said he firmly declined to join that meeting.

I was more up on the AIS Bylaws then than I am now, but I recall
thinking at the time that Mullins' position was the correct one, as
well as the sound one.

I believe it would be wise to confim this point.

Cordially,

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA