Re: Message from Anner Whitehead

In a message dated 7/18/08 7:20:57 AM, jijones@usjoneses.com writes:

> Anner asked that I forward this to AISDiscuss:
>

> Anner Whitehead sends;
> _____________________
>
> Clarence Mahan said:
>
> "As former presidents remain members of the Board...without votes."
>
> Is this correct? Is it so stated in the Bylaws?
>
> You see, I distinctly recall a phone conversation with AIS Past
> President Ron Mullin, serving at the time as AIS Judges Chairman,
> when I was AIS Membership Secretary, in which Mullin told me Mahan
> had asserted this policy/principle/rule to him, but Mullin thought
> Mahan was incorrect.
>
> Mullin said Mahan encouraged him to join a closed Board session
> because all former Presidents were still Board members, but Mullin
> disagreed, saying only the Immediate Past President was still a Board
> member. Mullin said he firmly declined to join that meeting.
>
> I was more up on the AIS Bylaws then than I am now, but I recall
> thinking at the time that Mullins' position was the correct one, as
> well as the sound one.
>
> I believe it would be wise to confim this point.
>
> Cordially,
>
> Anner Whitehead
> Richmond VA USA

The following speaks for itself:
AIS ByLaws as ammended, effective May 12, 2003 --
Article V, Section 3 (g):
     Each Past President of the AIS, other than the Immmefiate Past
President, unless otherwise a director or officew shell be an ex-officio
member os the
AIS Board without voting privileges.
     Jeanne

Jeanne Clay Plank
Immediate Past President
The American Iris Society
Plankmail@aol.com

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for
FanHouse Fantasy Football today.