From: owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org [mailto:owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org]
On Behalf Of John I Jones
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 7:33 AM
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Motion to use AIS confer for the making and
seconding of motions

The fact that there are other than voting board members on AISDiscuss
does not mean that non-voting members can make motions. Using
AISDiscuss more accurately reflects the environment of a Board
meeting at which non-voting members are in attendance.

Making and seconding motions on AISConfer then moving them to
AISDiscuss, then moving them to AISVote unnecessarily complicates the
process to no seeming benefit.

John