From: owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org [mailto:owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org]
On Behalf Of Brad
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 11:39 PM
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Motion to use AIS confer for the making and seconding
of motions

AIS Board Members,

I move that all electronic motions be made on AIS confer and after they are
seconded they be placed on AIS discuss for 10 days prior to moving them to
AISvote.

The current use of AISdiscuss to make motions is the opposite of the way we
conduct AIS Board business.  In Board meeting a voting member of the AIS
Board makes a motion and another Board member seconds it before opening the
motion up to public discussion.

The electronic process should be the same process as the way we conduct
business in our Board meetings.  AISconfer is the correct discussion level
for the making and seconding of motions.

All the best,
Brad Kasperek