RE: previous AIS convention info

Chris,
   Here is a listing of the rest of the conventions:

   The organization meeting of The American Iris Society was held in the Old
Mansion House of the New York Botanical Gardens on January 29, 1920.  Seventy
persons attended.  Thereafter, in the early years, the annual meetings were
held in the Museum Building of the New York Botanical Gardens.
1926 Cincinatti, Ohio
1927 Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
1928 Freeport, Illinois
1929 Ithaca, New York
1930 Lexington, Kentucky
1931 Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, New York
1932 Boston, Massachusetts
1933 Freeport, Illinois
1934 Lincoln, Nebraska
1935 Nashville, Tennessee
1936 Hartford, Connecticut
1937 Wilmington, Delaware
1938 Cincinnati, Ohio
1939 Oakland, California
1940 Chicago, Illinois
1941 Nashville, Tennessee
1942-1945 No meetings were held because of World War II
1946 Boston, Massachusetts
1947 Chicago, Illinois
1948 Nashville, Tennessee
1949 Portland, Oregon
1950 Sioux City, Iowa
1951 Shreveport, Louisiana
1952 St. Louis, Missouri
1953 Boston, Massachusetts
1954 Salt Lake City, Utah
1955 Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
1956 Los Angeles, California
1957 Memphis, Tennessee
1958 Syracuse, New York
1959 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1960 Portland, Oregon
1961 Newark, New Jersey
1962 Kansas City, Missouri
1963 Denver, Colorado
1964 Chicago, Illinois
1965 Memphis, Tennessee
1966 Newark, New Jersey
1967 Denver, Colorado
1968 Berkeley, California
1969 Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1970 New York City, New York

Hope that this helps you.
Susan Boyce> From: wolf-com@rogers.com> To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org> Subject:
RE: [AISdiscuss] previous AIS convention info> Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 07:30:20
-0400> > Thank you for your help, Jeanne. Appreciate it.> > I have the 75th
Anniversary Bulletin and found the entry showing 1970 to> 1995. So I am all
set for 1970 to 2008. > > I do not have a 50th Anniversary Bulletin though. If
anyone does could they> please send the info from page 107 for those
conventions prior to 1970.> Thanks.> > Christopher Hollinshead | AIS Website >
3070 Windwood Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 2K3> AIS website: www.irises.org
> e-mail: wolf-com@rogers.com> e-mail: aiswebsite@hotmail.com > > >
-----Original Message-----> From: owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
[mailto:owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org]> On Behalf Of PlankMail@aol.com> Sent:
Thursday, July 03, 2008 12:29 AM> To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org> Subject: Re:
[AISdiscuss] previous AIS convention info> > Dear Chris:> If you go to the
50th Anniversary AIS Bulletin on page 107 you will> find > a complete listing
for the years 1926 through the year 1970. There is a > short paragraph at the
beginning explaining the meetings held from the first> in > 1920 to the 1926
meeting which was held in Cincinnati, Ohio. A footnote > explains the lack of
meetings during the war years.> In the 75th Anniversary Bulletin on page 26
you will find a list of> Annual Meetings (conventions) from 1970 through 1995.
I'm sure you must have> the list from 1995 to the present.> Hope this helps,>
Jeanne> > > Jeanne Clay Plank> Immediate Past President> The American Iris
Society> Plankmail@aol.com> > > > **************> Gas prices getting you down?
Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.>
(http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007)> >
sign-off this list, send email to the AIS Secretary> <aissecretary@irises.org>
The archives for AISDiscuss are at:>
http://www.aisboard.org/lists/aisdiscuss/> >
sign-off this list, send email to the AIS Secretary>
<aissecretary@irises.org>> The archives for AISDiscuss are at:>
Do more with your photos with Windows Live Photo Gallery.
http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Wave2_photos_022008