Re: [Fwd: Calendars??]

Hi Terry and everyone on Discuss...

First of all, I have not yet seen the larger Turner 2006 calendar. It never made it down here to California in any of the stores and calendar kiosks that are in our malls, and I really looked for it. Where did it go?

Second of all, I really like the smaller AIS printed version. I have kept them all over the last 8 years or so I have been a member.

However, speaking as the mean old Treasurer, is it worth the money to print and sell ourselves vs. getting a percentage of the sales from the Turner issue?

Some interesting facts...(rounded to nearest $100)

Cost of 3,500 copies of 2006 AIS calendar......................$7,600
(printing & layout only)

Sales of 2006 Calendar Oct 05 - Jan 4, 06..........................$5,000
(from John's Storefront reports)

As we all know, the value of the calendars decreases significantly after Jan 1. At this point, we have a $2,600 LOSS on the 2006 issue. John, am I missing anything here? You must have quite a few still in inventory?

Since the calendar is not part of the benefits we provide our members, can we afford this? If we still want to print the AIS calendar at a cost of between $2 and $2.50 per copy (including an estimate of mailing costs that are a part of each too), we must raise the selling price to at least cover our costs, knowing we will have some left over...Currently, we sell each copy for $6 (which should be enough) but most people/clubs buy at least 10 copies at $33 (or only $3.30 each) which isn't covering our costs. If we continue the calendar we must raise the price for 10 copies.

With the Turner issue we have no upfront costs...all we receive is whatever our percentage is from gross sales, is that right?

As for whether it is OK for Terry to include some of his intros in the calendar pictures, that's fine with me.

Happy Groundhog Day to one and all...

Jill
----- Original Message ----- From: "Terry Aitken" <terry@flowerfantasy.net>