Re: Re: AIS Bulletin Scientific Editor

Greetings;
     I want to make clearer one aspect of my proposition that we consider
consolidating the Scientific activities of AIS.   With regard to the group's
"chairman," it was always my thought that the Scientific board would choose their
own chairman -- or choose to have "none," and work in unison as a panel.
     My suggstion was to have a voting Board member as a liaison -- a
courrier -- a conduit (choose a title)-- between the Scientific panel and the Board,
thereby relieving   members of the panel from ever attending board meetings
(unless they wanted to) and providing them with a direct and involved voice on
the Board, in much the same way the RVP and Section Councellors work .   A
Board member who was directly connected to the panel but not as chairman, or -- to
quote Don Spoon, "Czar", but a conduit to insure that communications between
the panel and the Board are   instructive or advisory and (importantly)
timely. The liaison would bring the committee's report's) to the Board and report
back to the panel the actions and suggestions of the Board.
     In my mind this individual would have no more authority over the
scientific panel than any other member of the Board of Directors, just as the Section
and RVP Counsellors have no more authority over their panels than any other
Board member.   Our Section and RVP councellors are very valuable Board
representatives and have the opportunity to bring their diverse groups to greater
unity and harmony with each other and with the AIS, and providing mutual benefit
for all.
     Couldn't such a representative work similarily with a scientic panel and
produce beneficial results for all?
     Jeanne