Sad News

Dear AISDiscuss members:
     I received word mid-afternoon today from Ledra Mohrmann (ARVP, R8) that
Marieanne Schumacher, RVP, Region 8, died this morning of the cancer she has
been battling for a number of years -- since right after she became RVP for
Region 8, I think.
     Marieanne was in attendance at the Minneapolis Fall Meeting and Bob and
I shared an evening meal with her one of the nights.  A very nice and brave
lady.  She was candid that her condition was virtually hopeless, nonetheless,
she had a very upbeat attitude.  She stayed for most of the Board meeting
sessions.  As I said, a very brave lady.
     Here is the information I have about Ledra Mohrmann, new RVP for Region
8:
     Address:       133W. Park Drive
                    Maribel, WI  53559
     Telephone:     (608) 655-4085
     As yet I have no email address for Ledra as I did not take the call when
she contacted me, and when I called back, I got her answering machine.
     I have notified Louise Carson about the sad news and about the new RVP.
Lou and I will both try to reach Ledra within the next day or two. Which ever
of us talks to her first will try to get an email address for publication --
or at least for AIS business use if she is skiddish about publishing her email
address.
     It is never a happy thing to to have sad news to report .
          Jeanne