Re: 100th Anniversary Logo-----

"All entries shall become the property of the American Iris Society". If that statement was made at the onset there would be no need now for this discussion. And there would be no need for all this post acceptance activity. The artist, then, would  have either accepted the “rule” and submitted an entry or rejected it and moved on.

Dave Silverberg
A.I.S. Librarian
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2015 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] 100th Anniversary Logo-----

No, we have not inserted such statement, and I'm not sure that it would have been enough to deter any challenges. The idea has been that we would have the winning artist sign a Release. I'm working with our Legal Advisor, Veronica Johnson (and President, Gary White) to procure any necessary forms. In any case, a Release Agreement that needs filling out and signed by the logo creator is in the works. Or, Veronica may decide that something else is in order. We'll follow her advice, of course. Once all the paperwork is in order we will be able to use the logo for all kinds of purposes.

The 2020 Centennial Committee has still to decide which items will be produced and when. If many clubs and/or individuals are interested in getting hold of some these items at a specific timeframe please let it be known so that we all know that there's an interest. Of course consider that we're still five years away. Thank you all. If you have any feedback or ideas, we'd like to receive them via the email we have set up for this purpose: ais2020centennial@gmail.com

Hope this clarifies this issue.

Andi Rivarola
Note: So glad to hear that we may stirred some interest in the Centennial activities for many iris lovers from around the country and overseas. I'm hearing from people that are planning to attend the Centennial Convention from very far away.