From: J Copeland <bfee55511@rewrite.aisboard.org>
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Fwd: [DFNC] D Steve Varner
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 09:21:05 -0500

Hi

FyI.

Jim Copeland

-----Original Message-----
From: ademing tds.net <ademing@tds.net>
To: Ensata Gardens <Ensata@aol.com>; Copeland, Jim & Jill <Jandjcope@aol.com>
Sent: Sat, Dec 13, 2014 9:10 am
Subject: Fwd: [DFNC] D Steve Varner

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: pmbrown_isu@yahoo.com [dayliliesfornorthernclimates] <dayliliesfornorthernclimates@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Subject: [DFNC] D Steve Varner
To: dayliliesfornorthernclimates@yahoogroups.com

Steve Varner, who registered 45 daylilies, passed away last week at the age of 97.  He is the hybridizer responsible for the Illini series of daylilies with the most popular being Illini Showgirl, Illini Jackpot and Illini Maiden.

Steve also hybridized peonies and iris and continued his hobby/passion well into his nineties.

Obituary for D. Steve Varner

Obituary for D. Steve Varner
Dwight Steve Varner Monticello D. Steve Varner, 97, WWII hero and recipient of the Distinguished Service Cross, Silver Star, Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Clusters, A...

Preview by Yahoo

.