Re: Donations

It is a little more complex than that. Paypal requires that the Paypal account be tied to a checking account. That means that there would have to be a AIS Foundation checking account available. The Paypal account would have to be administered by  a foundation member to maintain proper separation.

At the moment I am the only one with access to the AIS Website that knows how to code a Paypal payment portal. Since I already manage two AIS Paypal accounts, having me also manage a Foundaton account would be problematic.

It would be better to have a link to a payment portal on the Foundation website. The portal could be coded to have a form that could be filled out with all the appropriate information. Someone working for the Foundation would have to do that.

John

On Dec 13, 2012, at 9:02 PM, Dwayne Booth wrote:

> I think the idea has possibilities but we need to look at the mechanics of
> this would be run.
> My first question is does the process through PayPal identify to AIS who is
> making the donation and is a donation acknowledgement need to be sent to each
> donor?  If our answer is the amounts aren't "material" in the sense of each
> donation is small and the donors would never expect a receipt, then the
> logistics of administrating this program would be easier.  We should look at a
> similiar organization that has used PayPal to accept donations and see what
> the administration of the donations entails and how much money is raised.  Any
> suggestions as to what would be a similiar organization?  I think the scale at
> which the American Red Cross collects electronic donations is not comparable
> to AIS. Dwayne> From: region15kids@hotmail.com
>> To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
>> Subject: RE: [AISdiscuss] Donations
>> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 15:12:25 -0800
>>
>> I think it's a great idea!  How often have you "texted" a donation, i.e.
>> Hurricane Sandy, or even 'added up' when you paid for your purchase, (St.
>> Jude's) or joined a group like the zoo, etc.  It would make things easier
> for
>> everyone.
>> Cheryl
>>

>>> From: irisgal@hotmail.com
>>> To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
>>> Subject: [AISdiscuss] Donations
>>> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 15:39:01 -0700
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> I just saw on the AIS Website in the News section, that there is a new
>>> little burb about donating to the AIS/AIS Foundation. Here's just a
> little
>>> thought to consider. We have a "Hit" button on the website to join AIS.
> How
>>> about also having a "Hit" button to donate to AIS. Sometimes pulling out
>> the
>>> checkbook and writing a check out, then finding and addressing an
> envelope,
>>> putting a stamp on, and trying to remember to mail it can be a major
>>> undertaking. Making a donation easier via a "Hit" button via paypal is
> fast
>>> and easy and takes just a few moments. This might help bring in some more
>>> needed money to AIS. Just a thought.
>>> Susan Boyce

>>> To sign-off this list, send email to the AIS Secretary
>>> <aissecretary@irises.org>
>>> The archives for AISDiscuss are at:
>>> http://www.aisboard.org/lists/aisdiscuss/

>> To sign-off this list, send email to the AIS Secretary
>> <aissecretary@irises.org>
>> The archives for AISDiscuss are at:
>> http://www.aisboard.org/lists/aisdiscuss/

John and Joanne Jones
Registrar-Recorder, American Iris Society

John Jones, Chair, Electronic Services Committee
35572 Linda Drive
Fremont, CA 94536
aisregistrar@irises.org