RE: Donations

I think the idea has possibilities but we need to look at the mechanics of
this would be run.
 My first question is does the process through PayPal identify to AIS who is
making the donation and is a donation acknowledgement need to be sent to each
donor?  If our answer is the amounts aren't "material" in the sense of each
donation is small and the donors would never expect a receipt, then the
logistics of administrating this program would be easier.  We should look at a
similiar organization that has used PayPal to accept donations and see what
the administration of the donations entails and how much money is raised.  Any
suggestions as to what would be a similiar organization?  I think the scale at
which the American Red Cross collects electronic donations is not comparable
to AIS. Dwayne> From: region15kids@hotmail.com
> To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
> Subject: RE: [AISdiscuss] Donations
> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 15:12:25 -0800
>
> I think it's a great idea!  How often have you "texted" a donation, i.e.
> Hurricane Sandy, or even 'added up' when you paid for your purchase, (St.
> Jude's) or joined a group like the zoo, etc.  It would make things easier
for
> everyone.
> Cheryl
>

> > From: irisgal@hotmail.com
> > To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
> > Subject: [AISdiscuss] Donations
> > Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 15:39:01 -0700
> >
> > Hi all,
> > I just saw on the AIS Website in the News section, that there is a new
> > little burb about donating to the AIS/AIS Foundation. Here's just a
little
> > thought to consider. We have a "Hit" button on the website to join AIS.
How