Re: AIS Libarian

May I suggest that Presby be approached about housing and operating the AIS
Library for a fee? Clarence Mahan

-----Original Message-----
From: Judy Keisling <keisling@swbell.net>
To: AIS Discuss <AISdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Cc: Tracy Plotner <countri@molalla.net>
Sent: Fri, Dec 2, 2011 1:56 pm
Subject: [AISdiscuss] AIS Libarian

Hello All,

 am sorry to report that Tracy Plotner will no longer be able to
ontinue as
he AIS Librarian, due to health issues.  I suspected that this
ight be the
ase when I heard at the Fall Board meeting that her health was
ot good, so
ave had "feelers" out for a new librarian in the
ilverton/Salem/Portland
rea.  Tracy and Will have also been looking. So far
o one has stepped up to
ay "I'll do it."

o for the time being, the AIS
ibrary is closed.  From discussions with Tracy I
earned that all mail for
he library comes to her home.  She will hold it and
hen it accumulates to a
oint, she or Will will take it to the library where it
ill be stored until
e have a new librarian to file it.

ll phone calls and emails for the
ibrary also come to Tracy's home.  I have
old her that she should respond
hat the library is "temporarily" closed.
ccording to Tracy, this is the
omewhat slow time of year for inquiries.

f any of your know anyone in an
rea somewhat close to the library in
ilverton, please provide me with their
ame and contact information.  The
ibrarian's duties are as follows:
*
eceiving and filing all catalogs and publications submitted.
* Excess of the
ame catalogs are sent to the AIS Auction yearly
* Maintaining the computer
og.
* Responding to inquiries
he librarian's hours are very flexible - no
et schedule.  Tracy said she
verages 3 - 4 hours a week at the library.
he library is located in the YMCA
uilding in Silverton.  Tracy will be able
o "train" the new person; that is
xplain where things are and how things
re done.

f we are unable to find someone in the area of the library -
ell, that's a
hole different ballgame as it may require moving the library
o another part of
he country.  Let's hope it doesn't come to this.

n the
eanwhile, we wish Tracy only the best and sincerely appreciate her years
ervice as AIS librarian.

udy
o sign-off this list, send email to the AIS Secretary
aissecretary@irises.org>
he archives for AISDiscuss are at:
ttp://www.aisboard.org/lists/aisdiscuss/