Re: Good News-Bulletin Scanning Project

Susan, et. alia

AIS Bulletin Scanning Project

The AIS Foundation has funded a project to convert our past bulletin issues into electronic, searchable documents. Our bulletins will be scanned in color and greyscale, converted to text (Optical Character Recognition), made into a PDF and indexed. They will be made available online and at the AIS Library (and perhaps a few other library locations)

When the scanning company prepares the documents for scanning, they will cut them apart by trimming off the binding edge or cutting them along the fold (called destructive scanning although the pages themselves are not destroyed). There is an option to NOT have them cut apart but it is significantly more expensive and we do not have the budget to have them all done that way. Certainly those bulletins with very limited availability will be non-destructively scanned.

In the attached PDF is a list of AIS Bulletins that I do not have in my collection that are needed for the bulletin scanning project. If you have any of the issues that are listed and are willing to donate them to the project, please email me at jijones@usjoneses.com with the issue number. I will send you shipping instructions. I am also going to check with the AIS Library to see what issues they can supply.

The biggest impediment to getting the project completed is the lack of these bulletins. I will get everything started with the bulleting I have in my collection (about 150 out of approx 300 not counting the ones we have electronically), and I will get the process started with them very shortly.

Please review the list and let me know what issues you would be willing to donate. Your issues can be returned to you afterwards if you wish

Thank you

John I Jones
Chair, AIS Electronic Services Committee