Good News

At the Fall Board Meeting a motion was made to submit a proposal to the AIS
Foundation Board requesting funding for a project to scan and digitize past
AIS
Bulletins and make them available in a searchable on-line library.

I'm
happy to report that this morning I received an email from Bob Hollingworth,
President of the AIS Foundation to let me know that the proposal was approved.
Excerpts from his email are copied below.

Hi Judy - I'm happy to let you know
that the proposal to scan and digitize the
AIS Bulletins was approved by the
AIS Foundation Board without a dissenting vote
(7-0). We see this as a very
beneficial endeavor and eagerly look forward to
using the final product. We
would like to request that eventually a copy of the
database be made
available for public use perhaps at the AIS Library. That would
satisfy any
concern that we are serving a public purpose in this funding if the
final
product is restricted to AIS members only on the internet. Gary White will
be
able to arrange the transfer of the requested funds ($10,000) for year one.
Bob

John Jones, Electronic Services Chair, will be responsible for
implementing this
project. He expects to begin soon and will provide periodic
reports on its
progress.

Thanks to the AIS Foundation Board for helping to
make this project a reality.

Judy Keisling