From: morrisje1@aol.com
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Sent: Fri, Dec 18, 2009 11:21 am
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] MOBOT Estate Giving Attachments - and Planned Giving Guide

In a message dated 12/18/2009 12:03:04 P.M. Central Standard Time, jijones@usjoneses.com writes:
Jim,

I changed the Subject line because I had to go back and figure out what it specifically was that piqued my interest.

While the general pages on giving should give us (AIS) some good ideas, it was the Planned Giving Guide guide that I was most interested in from a website programming perspective.

I could get some idea of how they did it all by looking at the page source online, but they use some techniques that would be very challenging (at least for me because I have never done any programming like that). For someone with _javascript_ experience it might not be so difficult.

Somebody needs to drive us forward in getting something like all that MOBOT has. Implementing static pages is well within what Chris and/or I can do. The dynamic process for the planned Giving Guide is a different matter.

Thanks
John

John,

Again, thanks for your interest.  In these trying economic times AIS simply MUST look to other sources of income if we are to survive in the long term.  Estate gifts could possibly solve our long term financial problems.  Maybe it is the Holiday season, but I am amazed that no one else on the Board or AISDiscuss has responded, as was Rita Gormley when she came back online after her move to Florida.  We have a lot of talent out there but do they have the interest?  Have they read any of this on Estate Giving?  Or any of the other topics not responded to?  In the meantime I have asked a local programming friend of mind to take a look and see if he might volunteer his time in the _javascript_ area in the future.  I don't know if I am the right person to help drive this because of the legal/tax/accounting implications but I certainly have the interest to get something started!

I do thank Jill Bonino for posting her Donation Request letter action to AISDiscuss so that those of us in the affiliate trenches know of plans on one action item from the Fall 2009 Board meeting.  The President's letter on the Exhibition situation should also be posted because unless you are an affiliate president you are still in the dark on this Board action item. As we are on the library inventory subject and other items.

I do hope that someone else will come forward and share their thoughts with us.  But for now, Happy Holidays.

Jim M.