Re: "Invitation To Join" Brochures

I believe John and Kays suggestion to limit the printing of the ITJ's to 10,000 is a wise one.

Michelle

On 12/13/2009 11:16 AM, kay ludi wrote:
Hello one and all,

Word from Debbie Strauss is that the new "Invitation To Join" Brochure is
about ready for review and publication.

We suggest that the Board take another look at the number of the
brochures to be printed. Early on in the Board meeting,  the number was
set at 25,000. Our suggestion is based on Motion #19 - creation of three
types of membership. Will there be a different membership fee for each
type? When will this go into effect?

Any change will call for an update to the "ITJ". With the current
financial situation, I do not think AIS can afford to print a large
number and then in 2-3 years have a supply that is outdated. Note: It was
easy to change the address of the MemSec on the current ITJ but to change
membership fees would be a major undertaking.

Recommendations:
1. That AIS print no more than 10,000 copies of the "Invitation To Join"
brochure.

2. Should the initial supply be exhausted prior to the next update, AIS
(Storefront) would go to a "Print on Demand" basis. The Ludi's would
provide this service. We have both a Color Inkjet Printer and a Color
Laser Printer with automatic duplexing (print on both sides in one pass).
The only cost to AIS would be paper ($8.00 - $13.00 per ream) and some
reimbursement for printing supplies (depending on the quantity printed).
As  a backup or printing of a large quantity, we could use a local
printer. (Or if another Board member has the capability, we could use
that as backup. Working with a PDF format on standard size paper is
easy.)

Happy Holidays
John&  Kay Ludi
AIS Storefront
Hotel
Hotel pics, info and virtual tours.  Click here to book a hotel online.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=yLW-VEQ09RcA6hYVtFY25wAAJ1AdnTO-8mX61Xlhn6LFzt8JAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATRAAAAAA=