Re: 2014 AIS Awards

Jim, the Awards information was posted on the AIS website first, and it
took more time, perhaps some 8 hours for a post to appear in the
Encyclopedia. Bob was encountering some coding issues that took longer than
expected. Anyone who saw the post on our website could have shared the
information on any social media outlet... and they did. Not sure that it
got into News & Notes. If it did I have not seen it.

I was not involved with the awards pre-publication talks so I wasn't aware
that the AIS website was about to publish this. It would be nice in the
future for all publication sources (electronic and/or printed) to be
involved, not only News & Notes, the website and Encyclopedia. Kathleen and
myself should have been part of the conversation so we have time to prepare
for our respective jobs and discern what type of information would be best
suited for our separate mediums. When I saw the post on Iris Lovers I
rushed to put publish on the Blog and subsequently on Facebook (this occurs
automatically). For best results, I only publish early in the morning PST,
thus it got published Thursday morning.

Hope this helps.

Andi Rivarola