RE: Donation Button - Follow-up

We are assuming that all donations would be monetary.  There are people who
donate items to the Library or the Silent Auction (not that they would use the
"donate" button, but it is a possibility, especially if they are downsizing.
Maybe a "contact us" tab once they hit the donate button, then it could be
directed to the appropriate place
Cheryl Deaton

> Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Donation Button - Follow-up
> Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 11:45:38 -0700
> To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
> From: 100h@rewrite.aisboard.org
>
> Assuming I can make room on the right side of the home page for another hot
spot, It is possible to establish a Paypal account for donations. I would need
to investigate what their conditions are (e.g., 501 (c) (3) documentation.) It
would be separate from either of the Paypal accounts we already have.

> Also it would have to be done in conjunction with the AIS Foundation and
might require that they have a separate checking account to make the deposits
into. Regardless we would need a dedicated person on their side to manage the
start up process (test deposits tot he account etc.)

> Thanks
>
> John
> __________________
> John and Joanne Jones
> Registrar-Recorders, American Iris Society
> aisregistrar@irises.org
>
> John Jones, Chairman, Electronic Services Committee
> aiselectronicsvcs@irises.org
>
> 35572 Linda Drive
> Fremont, CA 94536
>

> On Aug 5, 2014, at 8:11 PM, Wayne Messer <6d200f2f1@rewrite.aisboard.org>
wrote:

> > In checking the links for the AISDiscuss article in News & Notes, I
> > happened across the suggestion by  Susan Boyce of adding a button to
donate
> > to AIS on our website  (Copied below and here would be the original
> > http://www.aisboard.org/lists/aisdiscuss/dec12/msg00003.html ).  Comments
> > were generally supportive with some possible technical obstacles being
> > present.  I have not heard about this since being on AISDiscuss so I'm
not
> > sure what may have come of it.
> >
> > I do think this is a great idea.  Many of the CAPS members have a way for
> > people to donate or support them online.  Some have a big donate link on
> > their home page and others have donate or support as top-level items on
> > their menu.  Do we have any idea what kind of response they are having?
> > And do they get donations from non-members as well as members?
> >
> > Have we done something similar on our website?  Is this one of the things
> > we were looking at adding to the top-level menu on the website?
> >
> > FYI - I did check our News page on the website to find what Susan was
> > referring to.  The AIS Donations page is at:
> > http://www.irises.org/About_AIS/Membership_Info/Donations.html  .  You
can
> > also find it under About AIS -> Membership Information -> AIS Donations
.

> > Regards,
> >
> > Wayne Messer

> >   - *To*: *aisdiscuss <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
> >   <aisdiscuss%40aisboard.org>>*
> >   - *Subject*: * Donations*
> >   - *From*: *Susan Boyce <irisgal@hotmail.com <irisgal%40hotmail.com>>*
> >   - Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 15:39:01 -0700

> > Hi all,
> >   I just saw on the AIS Website in the News section, that there is a new
> > little burb about donating to the AIS/AIS Foundation.   Here's just a
little
> > thought to consider.  We have a "Hit" button on the website to join AIS.
How