Re: Re: Final Awards List

I will gladly follow the board's wishes in these matters, but one
request: No asterisk, please! That would make those iris second-class
winners. An asterisk was wrong for Roger Maris, and it would be (IMHO)
wrong here.

Another comment. The Handbook does mention "postmarked after the
deadline," so changing to a received-by deadline would involve a change
to the Handbook (perhaps in more than one place, but since I do not have
an electronic copy I cannot do a complete search).

Gerry  ..  who has put on hold the work of generating next year's ballot
until the dust settles

PS We need to let Kelly know that neither list I have sent him is final.