Irises update

Hello all,

After a long June and July finishing my M.S. thesis and graduate school
work, we've finally gotten the July issue off the presses and into the mail
system as of this week.  My apologies for two very late issues in a row.  As
I mentioned at the spring board meeting, one remedy for this is to up the
editorial deadlines to the 1st of each month to give your creative team more
time to pull together each issue.  I was hoping to start that routine here
in August for the October issue, but that's become unreasonable given the
late delivery of the July issue.  So, consider all duly notified of such
change for the January issue.  Editorial deadlines will now fall on the
first of the month, two months before cover date (a new table appears in the
July issue).  For example, the January issue's editorial deadline is
November 1.

That said, it's getting time for October submissions.  Please turn in your
columns, news items, etc. as quickly as possible.  We've already begun
editing on feature material in hopes of keeping October on track and ahead
of schedule.  Your cooperation and earliest submissions are appreciated! J

Thanks for your kind words of support, suggestions, and critiques.  All keep
our agenda of improving the magazine and enhancing AIS membership benefits
moving forward!

--kdn

Horticulturally,

Kelly D. Norris

Farm Manager, Rainbow Iris Farm

Editor, Irises: The Bulletin of the American Iris Society

Bedford & Ames, IA

Zone 4b/5a

Read my blog at:  <http://www.kellydnorris.com/> http://www.kellydnorris.com