RE: Proposed bylaws amendment notice - electronic membership

John, I agree that prices have risen and it is not unreasonable to expect to pay more for services.  I am concerned that regular membership which includes the printed Bulletin, will decrease when members realize they are receiving more 'bang for their buck' with an e membership.  Falling 'printed' memberships will mean lost revenue in more than one way...fewer issues of The Bulletin "IRISES" will need to be printed, but cost per copy will rise.  Currently, does someone have to be an AIS member to subscribe to IrisRegister?  If not, then that is one way to increase membership and at a higher price :>) lol!
 Cheryl

From: jijones@usjoneses.com
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Proposed bylaws amendment notice - electronic membership
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 11:23:35 -0700
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org

Cheryl et. alia,

As I remember, it is the intention to make current irisregister subscribers AIS e-members for the length of their current irisregister subscriptions (at no additional cost). As of 20 APR 2010 the BOD restricted subscriptions to irisregister to single year subscriptions ($10) in anticipation of making it available only as part of the emembership.

So e-members will all get irisregister in addition to the other e-services. Yes I suppose it will cost you and additional $5.00 if all you are interested in is irisregister. It is hoped that non-AIS members that are subscribers to irisregister will become more interested in AIS. Additionally, irisregister has been $10/year since it first went online in 2003. Personally I don't think it is unreasonable that the subscription price should go up. Even electronic costs have risen. (All those little electrons were complaining about low pay... <grin>)

John