Re: Electronic potential

In a message dated 7/31/2010 7:03:31 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, robertpries@embarqmail.com writes:

If you remember I predicted that we would have more advertising dollars when we changed the format of the bulletin based on what the daylily society experienced. That prediction came true immediately. Of course if Bob Keup had not followed through it could have not worked. But when things are done well there are synergisms.

Hi Bob

I usually don't get into these discussions , but I really need to correct what is an incorrect assumption i.e. "prediction came true immediately"

Whatever positive results achieved were more likely as result of much hard, boring work I did since I assumed the position of advertising Editor.

When I received the two boxes of material from the former Advertising Editor over two years ago, I reviewed the advertisers list from the previous two years. In addition to sending reminder to current advertisers, I contacted all former advertisers ( two previous years) and thanked the for support of AIS and encouraged them to resume their ads with AIS. We attained good results, but not immediately. I repeated this process last fall in addition to follow up in January for those were tardy with their ads. We actually lost a few advertisers who normally place ads in the April issue and some sent the same dollar amount , but opted to go for a smaller ad. So you see it's sometimes dangerous to make assumptions when passion and enthusiasm take over careful analyst.

I know you have many ideas and get impatient when many do not quite see them the way you do, but you need to be careful with some of your assumptions. I question some of your recent statements, but really don't like to get involve on line. I just felt since you mention my name ( well intended complement) in your most recent assumption, I needed to correct the facts in my area of responsibility.
It might turn out that the change will in the future increase advertisement revenues, but it's much too early to tell.

It is my view the membership is mostly pleased with the change, the advertisers don' much care.

Keep up the good work and keep "Stirring the Pot!".

Sincerely Bob Keup
 Advertising Editor AIS