From: owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org [mailto:owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org]
On Behalf Of K. Loberg
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2009 8:50 PM
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: [AISdiscuss] AIS Photo Contest, award rhizomes, shipping overseas

Re:   AIS Photo Contest, award rhizomes

Hi everyone,

    A unique problem has arisen this year.   One of the Runner Up winners is

from Spain.  The problem/issue is about shipping a rhizome overseas.  What
is involved?   Is it something Kansas City (Convention hosts) can handle
easily?  (I'm afraid this might not be easy.)

     I had someone from Canada ask me this earlier, as they were concerned
about a 'phytosanitary certificate' for shipping to Canada if they won.

     An idea I had, was to offer the Runner Up winner an alternative of
selecting a 2007 or 2008 introduced iris which they would order in their own

country.   With this alternative, AIS would not have to occur overseas or
intercontinental shipping, or whatever certifications might be required.
AIS could reimburse the Runner Up winner when an invoice was submitted to
AIS.

     Please advise me with some good ideas on how to handle this unique
problem/issue this year.

Thanks.

Kitty Loberg

AIS Photo Contest Chair