Re: Re. a Region 20 death

 Hi There, Rita:
I'll send you a personal email with the file as an attachment since attachments cannot be made to AISDiscuss emails. The list of Hybridizer's Medal recipients begins in 1941 and continues to the present. No Hybridizer's Medal was awarded last year. (Awarding no Hybridizer's Medal has been true from time to time in other years past, but then in some years, several are awarded.)
   Jeanne
On Aug 27, 2009, at 2:13 PM, Rita Gormley wrote:

Jeanne, where would we find the list of the past recepients of the Award? I
would be happy to add this request to RVPs in the RVP Newsletter also.

Rita Gormley
RVP Counselor

--- On Fri, 8/21/09, Jeanne Plank <plankmail@aol.com> wrote:

From: Jeanne Plank <plankmail@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Re. a Region 20 death
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Date: Friday, August 21, 2009, 11:49 PM

    I think this is a very worthy suggestion, Betty. Perhaps you would
like to write such a piece for the Bulletin?
    The criteria for selecting a the Hybridizer's Medal recipient are
more subtle than referring to a "packing list" of requirements. I
would like to urge all Regions to reflect on hybridizers from their
region and examine that hybridizer's contribution to the betterment
of irises.
    Regions should work to promote the best hybridizers within their
USDA Zones  -- hybridizers whose work has produced superior results
for Irisarians not only of their Region but also for Irisarians
living in widely differing regions across the country.
    Regional nominations can go a long way to help raise the Honorary
Awards Committee's awareness of deserving recipients.
    Jeanne