From: Jeanne Plank <plankmail@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Re. a Region 20 death
To: aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Date: Friday, August 21, 2009, 11:49 PM

    I think this is a very worthy suggestion, Betty. Perhaps you would
like to write such a piece for the Bulletin?
    The criteria for selecting a the Hybridizer's Medal recipient are
more subtle than referring to a "packing list" of requirements. I
would like to urge all Regions to reflect on hybridizers from their
region and examine that hybridizer's contribution to the betterment
of irises.
    Regions should work to promote the best hybridizers within their
USDA Zones  -- hybridizers whose work has produced superior results
for Irisarians not only of their Region but also for Irisarians
living in widely differing regions across the country.
    Regional nominations can go a long way to help raise the Honorary
Awards Committee's awareness of deserving recipients.
    Jeanne