To: <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2009 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: [AISdiscuss] Decline is not innevitable

Changing the size of the Bulletin or the designation from month of issue to the season will neither attract not one new member. Nor will it prompt any member to renew his/her membership. The?most effective approaches?to gaining new members?are organizing more local societies, having iris shows and rhizome sales at places that attract large crowds, having fall iris shows, and getting garden writers for local papers to write article about irises and AIS. After you gain a new member, ask him/her to be a clerk at a show or do another job at a show or sale...i.e. involve them. All written, in my humble opinion, of course.:)