Re: Website Redesign

I need to make something very clear. Our present website is very good in sevral ways. It provides a structure that allows for our corporate entitity to function very well. It is like a yellow pages for all the information that a director or member needs to intereact with our administrative structure. Our future website should be able to perform in this way also.

The problem is in what our website conveys to new prospective members. They are not interestested in when we were encorporated or what our prganizational structure is. A prospective member wants information about Irises and ideas on how they might enjoy growing them. he organizational structure may be become important later if they are excited to join.

People are generally enthused by pictures and opening pages should empahasize benefits of belomging but at the same time entriquing the viewer with the flowers and te plants.

When people come to the site they should be greeted with a warm friendly opening and a clear menu that wil give them several options that appeal to teir interests. There should be a committee formed to create an outline of topics and the content created fo these topics. It is possible to advertise along one side of our webpage other areas that may interest the initial viewer getting them more envolved.

I would be happy to participate on a committee to create the needed content and structure if Roy will appoint it.