To: <aisdiscuss@aisboard.org>
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 10:42 PM
Subject: [AISdiscuss] AIS Photo Contest Winner

Dear Board and committees,

I have an item to discuss with you all, regarding this years Photo Contest
Winners.

This year, for the first time, we have an outstanding photo entered by a youth, and the photo is of a young boy, probably 6 or 7 years old, grinning
and admiring an iris stalk.  There is no name given as a caption with the
photo, so we do not know the identity of the youth. What is also exciting, is that this photo was also judged in the events and people category, and it
has placed as the Runner Up in that category.

In thinking back, I recall that Youth Protection guidelines were discussed a couple years back and a small part had to do with placement of our photos on
the AIS website.

There are many photo contests and other professional sites (e.g. sports) on the web which do display pictures of youth. some including younger youth. I would never suggest that we include providing the name or location of the
youth, but it sure seems unfortunate if we can't include this wonderful
picture, with the permission of the exhibitor and parents.

   I'd appreciate discussion and feedback.

Sincerely,

Kitty Loberg

AIS Photo Contest Chair