Re: Meerow Grant Proposal

In a message dated 8/8/2008 5:06:47 P.M. Central Standard Time,
zebrairis1@aol.com writes:

Excellent job Gary! You can count on my vote.
*********************
I concur with Brad, excellent presentation.  I have been preoccupied  with
Jean's mother's illness/death/funeral, etc. so have not commented  before.  One
point on "budgets."  Budgets are merely guidelines for an  organization.  An
organization can underspend or overspend on a budget if  the governing body so
decides.

Jim M.

P.S.  The July AIS Bulletin arrived in St. Louis on August 7.   Also Muncie,
IN area same date.
*********************

-----Original Message-----
From:  owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org [mailto:owner-aisdiscuss@aisboard.org]
On  Behalf Of gary white
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 2:49 PM
To:  aisdiscuss@aisboard.org
Subject: [AISdiscuss] Meerow Grant  Proposal

I move that the American Iris Society fund Dr. Allan Meerow's  grant proposal
request of $4840 for the first year of his study:  "Heterogeneity, ecological
specialization and introgression in a large  population of Iris savannarum",
and that $4597 (or current Scientific and  Scholarship fund balance) be paid
from the AIS Scientific and Scholarship  Fund, and the remaining amount be
paid
from the AIS general  funds.

Gary White
AIS Director