Planning and vision

Gary has made an interesting point in the discussion of funding. We work on a yearly budget. I know of no long term planning in AIS. We tend to be reactive rather then proactive. The Iris society is constantly changing. We have had a steady loss of membership. Sooner or later this is going to affect per-capita printing costs for the bulletin. I hoped we could develop a strategies for turning around membership loss. Until we create a plan that is longer then meeting to meeting we will never have the foundations to do what is needed to accomplish the long term tasks that lay ahead.