RE: AIS- Scientific Grant Proposals

Hi All,

I went to the original proposals from Gary from Miss Guo and Mr. Meerow...

Project #1--Miss Guo

The two-year costs for this project are $2,280.  This is well within the Scientific Restricted Funds of $4597.

Project #2--Mr. Meerow

The first year cost is $4,840
The second year cost is $4,125

I agree with Brad that we should not just approve year #1 for a project and then not be able to fund years 2 or subsequent.  We may have done this in the past but it may not have been the best decision.

As of now, we could afford to take the excess funds needed out of the General Fund to take care of all of Miss Guo's project and year #1 of Mr. Meerow's but not year two of Mr. Meerow's project.

I am concerned that we will get the AIS Budget over committed and then something happens like a surprise insurance bill for next year (which has happened in the past) that wipes out our "cushion".

John is correct that only $3000 of his $8,000 proposed expenses for revamping the AIS website are budgeted to come out of the General Fund which gives us less "cushion" than I originally thought.

My thoughts so far....Jill

PS Technically no one has seconded Gary's original motion for funding both year's of the two grant proposals, so there isn't an active motion out there to discuss...JB